- Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Limited Edition is one of the best choices of sewing machines for beginners as well as high-end sewers.
- It has 100 built-in stitches including utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches that are enough for your sewing and quilting works, plus 55 alphanumeric built-in stitches for the lettering or basic monogramming.
- Advance features of this machine include a top drop-in bobbin, easy bobbin winding system, automatic needle threading system, speed controller, start/stop button, reverse stitching switch, needle up/down button, foot controller, etc.
- It has 8 styles of 1 step auto-buttonholes. You can choose the styles and it will do its works conveniently.
- It is portable as well as affordable. You can take this sewing machine to your classes, events and can store anywhere you want conveniently.
- One thing that sometimes matters to all buyers is the design of the machine. And if we look at this machine, it is designed in an elegant way and looks gorgeous.
Brother XR9500PRW Sewing Machine
20.28 × 12.68 × 17.64 inches
9.92 pounds or 4.5 kg
Number of Presser Feet
Maximum Stitching Speed
1300 stitches per minute
Number of Built-in Sewing Stitches
Length of the stitch
Width of the stitch
Number of Built-in Alphanumeric Fonts
Built-in Quilting Stitches
Included Hard Case
8 one-step auto buttonholes
Drop feed system
Needle Threading System
8 presser feet, needle set, spool pin, bobbins, extension table, etc.
Offers 25 years for chassis
Light-weight, portable, very easy to use.
Less capable to sew on thicker denim.
Easy to Set up & Use
As it is a computerized sewing machine, it becomes very easy to set up and use this machine. It has many automatic features and included DVD and operational manual that allows you to set up and use this sewing machine conveniently. Choosing the stitch you wanna sew as per your choice is pretty convenient. Controlling speed and adjusting thread tension is also quite easy. You can use this sewing machine right away once you unbox it.
Beneficial Key Features
After researching a lot, we have found many more beneficial features of this machine and they all are listed below one after another. You must read them well before buying this sewing machine. So, let's continue reading below.
Brother XR9500PRW Stitches
When it comes to the number of stitches, Brother XR9500PRW has 100 built-in stitches with 55 alphanumeric fonts. These stitches and alphanumeric fonts are enough for all your sewing, quilting, crafting, & decorating projects.
You can adjust the length and width of your sewing stitch by pressing the plus-minus stitch length/width adjustment keys.
Note- The upper key is for length adjustment & the lower key is for width adjustment.
Brother XR9500PRW Buttonholes
This machine comes with 8 styles of one-step auto buttonholes. What you have to do is to just choose the styles and it will do the work it's own.
Start/Stop Button & Sewing Speed
It has built-in a start/stop button. You can either start or stop your sewing machine by pressing this button.
It can sew on your fabrics at its maximum speed of 1300 stitches per minute.
For controlling your sewing speed, this machine provides you a speed control slider. If you will push this slider to the right side, the speed will boost up and if you will push the slider to its left side, the sewing speed will decrease.
This is one of the most important features that beginners always love to have in their sewing machine because beginners feel hard enough to maintain the speed of their sewing machine by pressing the foot pedal.
Reverse Stitching Switch/Button
It includes a reverse sewing switch for your reverse stitching works. For sewing in reverse, hold down the reverse sewing switch while pressing the foot pedal. If you want to boost up your reverse stitching speed, you can do it by pressing the presser foot or by sliding the speed controller to the right side.
Note- Always hold down the reverse stitching button/switch otherwise it will start sewing regular stitches.
Brother XR9500PRW Presser Feet
It comes with 8 presser feet as listed right below.
• Spring action quilting foot
• Overcasting foot
• Buttonhole foot
• Button sewing foot
• Blind stitch foot
• Zigzag foot
• Zipper foot
• Free-motion monogramming foot
Brother XR9500PRW Bobbins
It has quick set-up jam-resistant top drop-in bobbins with a transparent cover, that allows you to look the number of threads left onto the bobbin. Also, you can wind the bobbin, & can set up it into the bobbin case conveniently.
Adjusting Thread Tension
It has a dial wheel at the top of this machine that enables you to adjust the thread tension of your sewing machine. You just have to roll the wheel forward and backward for adjusting the thread tension of your sewing machine.
Backlit LCD Screen
It has a backlit LCD screen where you can see the stitches you have selected for further sewing works. This is one of the best features of this machine because it makes your stitch selecting works very convenient.
Automatic Needle Threader
It includes an automatic needle threader (also known as An Eye Saver) that enables you to thread the needle without straining your eyes. This is one of the most important features of a sewing machine because it protects our eye vision.
It includes a manual thread cutter for cutting your thread. You just have to pull the thread on it, and it will cut off your thread.
It is designed compact, and light-weight with the dimensions of 11.45 × 6.69 × 16.02 inches. It looks quite pretty and gorgeous.
It comes with a foot pedal that helps you to start, stop, and operate your sewing machine conveniently. Even, without a foot pedal, you can operate and use this sewing machine because it also has a start/stop button, speed controller, and reverse stitching switch.
A Wide Detachable Table
A wide detachable table comes with this machine that makes your working area large so that you can even sew on larger fabrics.
For making your sewing area brighter even at night and also for sewing on dark fabrics, this computerized sewing machine includes a bright LED light just above the working area so that you can see everything clearly while sewing your projects.
This machine also has a free arm option for sewing cuffs and sleeves conveniently. This features also help you to sew baby clothes as they are smaller in size.
It comes along with a hard carrying case so that you can keep your machine away from dust and also you can carry your machine from one place to another conveniently.
Drop Feed System
It also includes a drop feed system that allows you to do free-motion sewing. This feature is almost necessary to be included in a home sewing machine so that you can show your creativity on your fabrics conveniently.
Brother XR9500PRW Accessories
It comes with the following accessories as listed right below.
• 8 presser foot
• Ballpoint needles
• Needle set
• Twin needle
• 4 bobbins
• Seam ripper
• Spool pin
• 3 spool caps
• Cleaning brush
• Extra spool pin
• Foot pedal
• Power cord
• A wide extension table
• Instructional DVD
• Bilingual English/Spanish operation manual
Some Consumers Queries
Is this sewing machine good for beginners as well as expert sewers?
Yes, this sewing machine is pretty good for beginners as well as expert sewers because it is very easy to use this machine. Also, it has plenty of built-in stitches, and 8 presser feet, and many automatic functions that make sewing easier and easier for beginners.
Can I do monogramming with this sewing machine?
Yes, you can do your basic monogramming or lettering works conveniently with this machine because it has built-in 55 alphanumeric character stitches.
Can you sew on upholstery fabrics with this machine?
Yes, this sewing machine handles upholstery fabrics. But first you must read the instructions and also you must choose the right needles.
What about the motor of this machine?
The motor is quite strong and powerful than that of other old singer sewing machines. It allows you to sew through most of the materials you are willing to sew with.
Is this sewing machine heavy duty?
No, we won’t like to call it a heavy-duty sewing machine because it is less capable to perform heavy duty sewing tasks such as sewing through thicker denim and leathers.
Is this machine really portable?
Yes, this machine is very portable because it is made compacts and light-weight. Also, it comes along with a hard case which is pretty good enough to carry this machine from one place to another.
Brother XR9500PRW is the one of the best choice sewing machine for the majority of people because it provides excellent features with its economical price. The only trouble with this machine is that it is less capable to sew on thicker denim. But it is perfect for beginners as well as high-end sewers.
• Brother XR9500PRW has 100 built-in stitches, 55 alphanumeric fonts, and 8 presser feet and many automatic features that are quite enough to work on most of the fabrics for beginners, intermediates and experts sewers.
• It lacks an automatic thread cutter, but remember it has a manual thread cutter for cutting your thread.
• According to me, the only drawback of this machine is that it is less capable to sew on thicker denim and leathers but it is perfect for home sewists.
• After researching a lot about this sewing machine, we would like to conclude that this sewing machine includes almost all the great features and once you get it you'll find it your best choice ever.
• If you will compare this sewing machine to other sewing machines on the basis of economical price, working quality, and features, you'll find out this one is the winner. If you want to taste some other machines you can check Brother CS7000i sewing machine.