1. Brother XR9550 has 110 built-in stitches including utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches for lettering and basic monogramming
.2. It includes 8 styles of 1-step auto-sized buttonholes for creating buttonholes.
3. It includes a Quick set-up jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin, an easy bobbin winding system, and an advanced easy needle threading system.
4. It has built-in start/stop/reverse buttons, needle up/down button, speed controller, etc.
5. It has built-in a backlit LCD display with a stitch selector where you can see your currently selected stitch.
6. It offers you 8 presser feet which are easy to replace.
7. It has 8 styles of buttonholes for creating buttonholes on your fabrics.
8. It has an exceptional feed system for free-motion quilting.
9. It has a dial for manually adjusting thread tension.
10. It comes along with a foot controller pedal for adjusting your sewing speed.
11. It also comes with a large quilting table for sewing and quilting on larger fabrics.
12. It lacks an automatic thread cutter. It offers a manual thread cutter located at the side of this machine.
Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition Sewing Machine
7.01 × 16.26 × 12.48 inches
8.96 lbs or 4.064 kg
Built-in Quilting Stitches
Backlit LCD display with stitch selector
Maximum Stitching Speed
850 stitches per minute
Feed Dogs Points
Drop Feed System
Number of Built-in Sewing Stitches
Included Hard Case
Needle Threading System
Number of Presser Feet
Accessory pouch with 8 sewing and quilting feet, twin needles, extra bobbins, etc.
Speed Control Slider
Lacks auto thread cutter
- 165 Unique built-in stitches: The Brother XR9550PRW...
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: The...
- Included accessories: Included with the XR9550PRW...
- LCD Screen: The intuitive LCD display allows you to...
Easy to Set Up & Use
As this machine is made light-weight, portable, and has many automatic built-in awesome features, this machine becomes very easy to use for beginners.
Beneficial Key Features
After researching a lot on the different sewing machines, we have concluded that this sewing machine is one of the best brother sewing machines because it has many easy and automatic built-in features that really gonna make almost all your sewing and quilting work convenient. So, let you read all these key features one by one below.
Brother XR9550PRW Stitches
If you’re looking for a sewing machine that offers you a large number of built-in stitches, you can go further for the Brother XR9550PRW sewing machine.
It has 110 unique built-in stitches including a range of utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches. All these stitches are enough for all your sewing as well as quilting projects.
This machine includes an adjustable stitch length and width feature.
In addition, this machine offers you 55 alphanumeric stitches for your basic monogramming works.
One Step Auto-sized Buttonholes
It includes 8 styles of one-step auto-sized buttonholes for creating buttonholes on your fabrics and then, you can attach buttons to your fabrics using a buttonhole foot.
Start/Stop Button and Stitching Speed
It has built-in a start/stop button that allows you to operate and stop your sewing machine conveniently.
The maximum stitching speed of this machine is 850 stitches per minute. Also, you can adjust your stitching speed.
Reverse Stitching and Needle up/down Button
It has built-in a reverse stitching button for stitching in the reverse direction. You just need to touch this button, and it will enable you to do reverse stitching.
Remember always to keep the lever down while reverse stitching. Otherwise, your sewing machine will start sewing regular stitches.
Plus, it has built-in a needle up/down button for raising and lowering the position of your sewing needle.
This machine offers you 8 presser feet.
• Spring action quilting foot
• Monogramming foot
• Overcasting foot
• Buttonhole foot
• Button sewing foot
• Blind stitch foot
• Zipper foot
Note- All these presser feet are press-on. By pressing the lever on the backside of the presser foot holder you can remove the existing presser foot and replace it.
Brother XR9550PRW Bobbins
It has built-in Quick set-up jam-resistant top drop-in bobbins with a transparent cover that allows you to easily see the number of threads onto the bobbin. These bobbins are very easy to wind and set up in the bobbin case.
It has built-in a speed control slider for adjusting your sewing speed. You can increase or decrease your sewing speed by sliding this slider left to right or right to left.
This is one of the best features that enable beginners to learn sewing and quilting at home by lowering and raising their sewing speed as per their choice.
Adjusting Thread Tension
It has built-in a dial at the top of this machine that allows you to adjust your thread tension on the basis of your fabrics. What you have to do for adjusting thread tension is just to roll the dial forward and backward.
Backlit LCD Screen
Select your stitches easily with LCD Screen
It has a built-in backlit LCD display with a stitch selector for making your stitch selection process convenient. It also allows you to see your currently selected stitch.
Automatic Needle Threader
It has a built-in automatic needle threader that allows you to thread the needle within 1 to 2 seconds without straining your eyes. Actually, this feature protects your eyes from different eye problems. The built-in automatic needle threader pushes your thread right through the eye of the needle with just a touch of a lever.
Manual Thread Cutter
It has built-in a manual thread cutter instead of an automatic thread cutter. I think this is a drawback of this machine for some people. But in my opinion, it’s just a small drawback that most people just don’t focus on it.
This machine is designed compact, light-weight, and portable with the dimensions of 7.01 × 16.26 × 12.48 inches and looks quite nice.
Brother XR9550PRW Foot Pedal
Brother XR9550 project runway limited edition comes along with a foot pedal. Although this machine has a speed controller, Brother offers you a foot pedal also for the ease of your sewing and quilting works. This is the reason why I love mostly the sewing machines that belong to Brother.
A Wide Table
It comes with a wide extension table that makes your working area larger so that you can do sewing and quilting on larger fabrics conveniently.
This computerized sewing machine has built-in an LED light, just above your working area for making your working area super bright so that you can do your sewing and quilting works on dark fabrics and also in dark places.
It has built-in a free arm option for sewing cuffs and sleeves. Also, you can sew smaller clothes like baby clothes using this feature.
It comes with a hard case for protecting your sewing machine from dust and other foreign particles. You should always cover your machine with this cover after every use.
Brother XR9550PRW Accessories
It includes the following accessories as listed below.
• 8 presser feet
• Needle set
• Ballpoint needle
• Twin needle
• 4 bobbins
• Spool pin
• Seam ripper
• 3 spool caps
• Eyelet punch
• Extra spool pin
• A cleaning brush
• Power cord
• Foot pedal
• Hard case
• A wide table
• Instructional DVD
• English/Spanish operation manual
- Easy to use
- Beginner’s friendly
- Light-weight & portable
- Easy bobbin winding
- Easy needle threading
- Start/stop/reverse buttons
- Speed controller
- A wide extension table
- 8 included presser feet
- Lacks automatic thread trimmer
Brother XR9550PRW ranks in the top list of best brother sewing machines because of its advance and easy features that make all your sewing and quilting work convenient. However, it lacks an automatic thread cutter. But it has built-in a manual thread trimmer so that you can cut off your thread. Its downgraded version is Brother xr9500prw.
• In our opinion, Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition Sewing Machine is one of the best sewing machines because it has a wide range of built-in high-quality features according to its current price range.
• It provides you a total of 165 unique built-in stitches to choose from including 110 utility, decorative, heirloom stitches, and 55 alphanumeric stitches.
• It lacks an automatic thread cutter, but it has built-in a manual thread cutter.
• Both beginners, as well as advanced sewers, can use this machine conveniently because it is very easy to use and it has many automatic features.
• Overall, this machine is the best one among all brother sewing machines. Surely, this machine gonna pay off once you start working with it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) & Comparisons
Is this machine good for beginners?
Yes, this machine is good for beginners as it is lightweight, portable, very easy to use, and has many automatic features.
Brother XR9550PRW VS Brother XR9500PRW
• Brother XR9550PRW project runway sewing machine is an upgraded version of the Brother XR9500PRW sewing machine.
• Brother XR9550PRW has 110 built-in stitches and the maximum stitching speed is 850 spm, whereas Brother XR9500PRW has only 100 built-in stitches with a maximum stitching speed of only 800 stitches per minute.
Brother XR9550PRW VS Brother CS6000I
• Brother CS6000I has only 60 built-in stitches. That means brother XR9550PRW has 50 more built-in stitches.
• Brother CS6000I has 9 presser feet whereas XR9550PRW has only 8 presser feet.
Brother XR9550PRW VS Brother HC1850
Brother HC1850 has 130 built-in stitches. That means brother XR9550PRW has 20 fewer built-in stitches than brother HC1850 sewing machine.
Brother XR9550PRW VS Singer Quantum Stylish 9960
• Brother XR9550PRW has only 110 built-in stitches whereas Singer Quantum Stylish 9960 has 600 built-in stitches.
• There are 18 presser feet included in Singer 9960 while Brother XR9550PRW has only 8 presser feet.
• There are 13 styles of one-step buttonholes and 5 alphanumeric fonts in Singer 9960 while brother XR9550PRW has only 8 styles of one-step buttonholes and 1 alphanumeric font.
Brother XR9550PRW VS Brother CS5055PRW
Project runway cs5055prw has only 50 built-in stitches with 7 styles of 1-step auto buttonholes. I think this machine is somewhere lagging behind in comparison to Brother XR9550PRW.